Home / Facts & Maps / Cost of Living
Cost of Living
Crunching the Numbers:
Arkansas’s housing, utilities and taxes rank well below other areas of the country. ACCRA Cost of Living Survey showed Hot Springs resident’s cost of living 14% lower than the national average. (Items surveyed included housing, grocery items, utilities, transportation, health-care, and miscellaneous goods and services.)
If your income HERE is $50,000, to enjoy the same lifestyle ELSEWHERE you will need income of…
$103,750 in Los Angeles
$86,685 in Seattle
$68,965 in Santa Fe
$106,865 in Chicago
$153,524 in Manhattan
$100,843 in Boston
$76,118 in Dallas
$70,822 in Atlanta
$105,754 in Washington D.C.
Routine Village Costs
- Property Assessment - $36.00 monthly
- Village Water, Sewer, & Sanitation - approx. $62.50 for bimonthly billing. Water is charged at $8.50 per 4,000 gal per mo and $2.06 per 1,000 gallons above that level.
- Village Electricity - approx $.10 cents per kilowatt hour (KWH). Average home usage is approx 950 KWH/mo.
- Telephone - basic monthly approx. $28.00
- Cable TV - monthly charge for basic service is approx. $25.00
- Direct TV - monthly charge is approx. $39.00
- Automobile registration - is approx.
$25.00 (vehicle weight of 3,000 lb. or less),
$32.75 (vehicle weight of 3,000 – 4,000)
- Drivers license - approx. $20 for regular non-commercial.
- Homeowners insurance - on a $175,000 home with $1,000 deductible in Garland County is approx. $471.
Find us on: